THE FIRST PART OF THE PROCESS IS TO OBTAIN A FEE PROPOSAL
CONSTRUCTION CERTIFICATE APPLICATIONS
To obtain a FEE PROPOSAL for a CONSTRUCTION CERTIFICATE (CC) please provide a copy of your DEVELOPMENT CONSENT (DA) and copies of your DA PLANS. If you are happy to proceed with our fee proposal, we will then provide a PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT of the information we need to approve your CC, Construction Certificate Application forms and the documentation needed to appoint us as PRINCIPAL CERTIFIER.
CC PROCESS CONSIDERATIONS
The two most common things that hold up a construction certificate approval are (1) the need to provide information needed to demonstrate compliance with ALL relevant DA CONDITIONS and (2) to provide enough CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATION DETAIL on CC plans or in a specification adequate to demonstrate compliance with the BUILDING CODE OF AUSTRALIA. Most delays can be avoided if these matters are attended to in the first instance.
COMPLYING DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE APPLICATIONS
We deal extensively with COMMERCIAL INDUSTRIAL CODE SEPP and HOUSING ALTERATIONS CODES SEPP (where no DA is required) To obtain a FEE PROPOSAL for a COMPLYING DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE (CDC) please provide a copy of
- (1) your initial proposal plans
- (2) a SECTION 10.7 PLANNING INFORMATION CERTIFICATE
- (3) A copy of your buildings ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY STATEMENT.
If your work can be identified as meeting the COMPLYING DEVELOPMENT CODES SEPP requirements development can be carried out under a process that AVOIDS LODGING A DA WITH YOUR COUNCIL.
We can process the full range of Complying Development with specific focus on the Commercial and Industrial Codes SEPP 2008 and Internal alteration to residential apartments under the Housing Alterations CODES SEPP.
We seek to rationalise and expedite your Complying Development Certificate approval by establishing compliance requirements as early as possible. We will accommodate any reasonable request to facilitate inspections in the role of accredited certifier.
CDC PROCESSING CONSIDERATIONS
Common things that hold up Complying Development Certificates include (1) the need to demonstrate compliance with ALL Codes SEPP 2008 conditions (2) not providing enough SPECIFICATION DETAIL on the plans or within specifications to demonstrate the work will comply with the BUILDING CODE OF AUSTRALIA. Delays can be avoided if these matters are attended to in THE FIRST INSTANCE.
Things to consider include:
- Supplying a Section 10.7 PLANNING INFORMATION CERTIFICATE from your Local Council that indicates Complying Development is permitted on the land
- Providing a copy of any existing Development Consent indicating establishment of existing use for commercial buildings
- Payment of LONG SERVICE LEVY
- Payment of any Council Imposed (s) 7.11 contributions, levies bonds or fees.
- Providing a BASIX Certificate for residential buildings
- Providing Part J Energy efficiency compliance assessment commercial buildings
- Obtaining a Water Authorities stamp or approval (external works)
- Change of use Parking Assessment and Waste Management Plan
- Home Building Insurance for residential buildings
- Fire Safety Schedules for commercial buildings
- Alternative Solution (Cl 130 2(e) Design Statement for work in buildings subject to alternative Solutions (Fire Safety)
- Engaging Registered Practitioners (Fire Safety) to design and certify wherever a Fire Detection, Hydraulic Fire or Mechanical smoke exhaust system will be affected by your work
IF YOU ARE HAPPY TO ENGAGE US WE WILL PROVIDE A LIST OF THE WHAT WE NEED TO PROCESS YOUR APPROVAL AND APPLICATION FORMS